Effective August 10, 2017
A. About Us:
BY ACCESSING THE SERVICES, YOU (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT) AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE PROVISIONS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS JUST AS IF YOU SIGNED THESE TERMS.
B. Our Terms of Service:
1. Service Conditions. You cannot use the Services unless: (a) you are at least 18 years of age (or such other age of legal majority applicable in your jurisdiction), or (b) you are at least 13 years of age, have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian to use the Services, and your parent or legal guardian agrees to be bound by these Terms and agrees to be responsible for your use of the Services on your behalf. By accessing the Services, you represent and warrant to us that you the right, authority and capacity to agree to, and abide by these Terms and you shall not use any rights granted hereunder for any unlawful purpose or for any purpose which violates these Terms, as determined by us.
2. Grant of License. These Terms provide you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non- assignable, non-transferable, limited and temporary license to access and use certain portions of the Services.
3. Mobile Devices. If you are accessing the Services via our mobile application downloaded from Apple, Inc.’s ‘App Store’ or Google, Inc.’s ‘Google Play’ store (collectively, “App Providers”) you and Direct Interview acknowledge and agree that these Terms are entered into by and between you and Direct Interview, and that none of the App Providers are party to these Terms. However, you acknowledge and agree that the App Providers are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms, the App Providers will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof. The App Providers are not a sponsor to, nor in any way affiliated with, Direct Interview or any of the Services. Direct Interview alone is responsible for the Services and the materials on the Services. Direct Interview and not the App Providers are responsible for addressing any User’s concerns regarding the Services. In the event of any claim of intellectual property infringement, Direct Interview will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim. Subject to your compliance with these Terms and our Policies, the license granted by these Terms allows you to install one copy of our mobile application on your mobile device, tablet, or personal computer, which is owned or controlled by you (a “Device”). As part of the installation process of our mobile application, you may be changing your Device settings. By installing our mobile application, you agree you have approved such changes and you understand you can reconfigure such settings in the configuration options available in your Device. Such Device settings changes may include but are not limited to providing our mobile application with access to your Device’s camera, or other Device information, as well as allowing software updates of our mobile application. You acknowledge that any failure to upgrade our mobile application may result in the inability to use all or part of our mobile application. You understand and agree that use of the Services via your Device may result in data or other charges from your mobile communication User and you expressly release us from any and all liability relating to any such charges and/or your Device. To uninstall our mobile application, you may use the uninstall procedures offered by your Device. If our mobile application is being acquired on behalf of the United States Government, then use, duplication, or disclosure of our mobile application by the U.S. Government is subject to restrictions set forth in these Terms and as provided in DFARS 227.7202-1(a) and 227.7202-3(a) (1995), DFARS 252.227-7013(c)(1)(ii) (OCT 1988), FAR 12.212(a) (1995), FAR 52.227-19, or FAR 52.227-14 (ALT III), as applicable.
4. Account and Subscription.
(b) Subscription. To use certain aspects of our Services, you must have a subscription to access those portions of the Services (“Subscription”). The duration of your Subscription, the price of your Subscription, and the portions of Services that will be made available in connection with your Subscription, will be displayed on the Services at the time of your purchase (and such terms are hereby incorporated herein). If you purchase a Subscription, we will automatically renew your Subscription for successive periods of a duration that is listed on the Services in exchange for the then-applicable displayed on the Services using the credit card, debit card, or other payment information you provide to us (“Payment Information”). Each Subscription renewal payment will take place on or about your Subscription expiration date. If the renewal of your Subscription fails for any reason, we will terminate your Subscription and may contact you regarding renewal. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, you agree that we will not provide you with any notices prior to each renewal payment. For instructions regarding canceling your Subscription or Account, see below. These Terms provides you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-sublicensable, non-transferable, limited and temporary license to access and use the portion of the Services that require a Subscription (as determined by us) for the duration of your Subscription.
5. Job Postings.
(a) Generally. We may allow Companies to make certain job postings and other job-related Content (“Job Postings”), through our search results or otherwise through the Services. Job Postings are created and provided by Companies over whom we exercise no control. We do not have any obligation to screen any Job Posting, or to include any Job Posting in its search results or other listings, and may exclude or remove any Job Posting from the Site for any or no reason. We cannot confirm the accuracy or completeness or any Job Posting or other information submitted by any Company or other User (including, but not limited to their identity). We disclaim all liability for the Content contained in, accuracy, completeness, legality, reliability, or availability of any Job Posting. Seekers and Companies agree that we are not responsible for the content of the Company’s Job Posting form or Custom Questions. You agree that we may also provide search options to narrow down Job Posting search results in a manner we determine. You are responsible for the contents of any Account you create, any Job Postings that you submit or respond to, and any messages that you send through the Services or otherwise, including any questions for Seekers or Companies. You agree that we may reject or remove any Job Posting and/or any part of any Account, each in whole or in part, for any or no reason.
(b) Questions. In connection with the Services we may allow Companies to conduct interviews of Seekers using audio and video created by us that either (A) contain questions and materials developed by us without your input (“Preloaded Questions”), or (B) contain questions and materials developed by us in connection with input by you (“Custom Questions,” and together with Preloaded Questions, collectively “Questions”). We reserve the right to charge you a fee determined by us in connection with Questions provided by way of the Services. The price of Questions and the Questions that will be made available to a Company and a Seeker in connection with a Job Posting, will be displayed on the Services at the time of your purchase (and such terms are hereby incorporated herein). You understand and agree that we own all right, title and interest in and to both the Preloaded Questions and the Custom Questions (regardless of any input you may provide in connection therewith. To the extent you may be deemed to hold any interest in the Custom questions, you hereby assign to us, without further compensation, all rights, title and interest in and to the Custom Questions, including all copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property rights throughout the world, and you hereby agree, without compensation, to perform upon our request such further acts as may be necessary or desirable to transfer, register, perfect and defend the Company’s ownership of the Custom Questions, as determined by us in our exclusive discretion.
(c) Seekers Generally. Any information or other Content that a Seeker submits by way of the Services in connection with a Job Posting or other aspects of the Services, including but not limited to a Seeker’s Transmission of an audio/video recording short using the Services are subject to these Terms and our Policies and are deemed “User Content.” We do not guarantee the validity of an offer made to a Seeker by a Company in connection with the Services and cautions Seekers to verify the validity of an offer before acting on that information.
(d) Companies Generally. When a Company creates an Account or a Job Posting, the Company agrees that these Terms and our Policies apply to you and to the Seekers using the Services. We do not guarantee your timely receipt of a Seeker’s match to your Job Posting or that there will be no mistakes in the transmission of the Job Posting data. You agree that we assume no responsibility for the communications between you and the Seeker, including but not limited to by way of Custom Questions, which communications are the Company’s and the Seekers’ sole responsibility.
(e) Comments. The Services may allow Users to Transmit review and comment Content regarding other Users (each a “Comment”). All Comments Transmitted by you are deemed “User Content” and are subject to the provisions of these Terms. The Comments on our Services do not reflect the views of Direct Interview. We strive to maintain a high level of integrity with Comments. You agree that any Comment that we determine, in our sole discretion, is disingenuous or objectionable may be removed by us at any time without prior notice.
(f) Other Policies. Certain portions of the Services are subject to other our Policies which are hereby incorporated in these Terms by reference. By using those portions of the Services that are subject to our other Policies, you hereby understand and agree that you are bound by and shall adhere to such other Policies.
6. Platform Only.
(a) Our Services create a venue only. WITH THAT IN MIND, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (i) we do not employ any Users and have no control over the acts or omissions of any Users in any way using or having used the Services, on or off our Services; (ii) we are not responsible for any User’s compliance or non-compliance with applicable laws in connection with such User’s use of the Services; (iii) we make no representations or warranties about the quality or legality of the Job Posting offered by a Company or a Question responses submitted by a Seeker, or about interactions or dealings between them; and (iv) we are not responsible for the performance or conduct of any User or any other third party, on or off the Services. You are responsible for your interaction with other Users. In doing so, you should evaluate all information you deem relevant, including but not limited to the User’s background, training, experience, and reputation.
(b) No Verification. We do not screen Users or conduct any kind of identity, employment eligibility, or criminal records checks. As such, you should exercise caution and perform you own screening before connecting with Users in connection with a Job Posting, meeting anyone, or traveling to a location in connection with a Job Posting or otherwise. We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, loss, harm and/or damages arising from and/or in any way related to the Services or your interactions or dealings with other Users, on or off our Services. By using the Services, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for such use and the connections you make and that ALL USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. Although we have no obligation to verify any information provided by a User in connection with our Services, we reserve the right to do so in our sole discretion. Users hereby authorize us to verify the representations and warranties they make or the other information they provide to us in connection with the Services. Users agree to provide us with any and all information and/or verification we may request as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
(a) By Us. All Content on the Services, or obtained from a Linked Site are provided to you ‘AS IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ and ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’. We provide the Services for informational purposes only and any statements on the Services are opinions of the author. We do not make any representations, warranties, or promises, as to the capabilities of any Users or any information provided by any Users in connection with the Services. We expressly disclaim all liability related to the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or Content on the Services or reliance on any opinion, advice, or Content on the Services. All features and Content on the Website are subject to change at any time without notice.
(b) Linked Sites.
(ii) Third Party Products and Services. When you use the Services to purchase products or services from a Linked Site, you are purchasing that product or service directly from the third party Linked Site. Your order is placed with, filled by, and shipped by that third party Linked Site. We have no involvement in any shipment, fulfillment, returns, or refunds associated with any products or services that you purchase from a Linked Site or third party. You understand that you must contact the third party Linked Site directly for inquiries related to your purchase, including but not limited to: returns, shipping, customer service, refunds, or general information. By using the Services, you expressly represent and warrant that you will abide by and will not violate any policies, rules, terms, or conditions of that third party Linked Site.
(iii) Ads. Our Services may display third party advertisements, promotional material, and Linked Sites. We may be compensated for clicks or purchases in connection with these third party advertisements, promotional material, and Linked Sites.
(c) Transmitted by You.
(i) Restrictions. You are solely responsible for the Content that you Transmit by way of the Services and/or Transmit to us by way of the Services or otherwise (collectively, “User Content”). You represent and warrant to us that you shall not: Transmit User Content that: (A) may create a risk of harm, loss, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, or physical or mental illness to you, to any other person, (B) may cause loss or damage to any person or property; (C) involves or contributes to a violation of criminal or civil law; (D) contains Content that we deem to be unlawful, harmful, abusive, racially or ethnically offensive, defamatory, infringing, invasive of personal privacy or publicity rights, harassing, humiliating to other people (publicly or otherwise), libelous, threatening, profane, obscene, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable; (E) contains Content that you do not have a right to disclose under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships; (F) infringes on the intellectual property rights of others; or (G) violates any provision of the use restrictions in Section 10. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER’S MISUSE OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF ANY CONTENT OR INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT USING THE SERVICES.
(ii) Ownership. You retain ownership of any copyrights relating to your User Content. However, you also agree that by Transmitting User Content to us and/or Transmitting User Content anywhere within, on, or using the Services, you hereby grant to us and represent and warrant to us that you have all rights necessary to grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual, non- exclusive, cost-free, royalty-free license to use, copy, sell, rent, license, sub-license, display, publicly perform, create derivative works of, distribute, store, archive, transform, edit, alter, distort, modify, add to, subtract from, enhance, broadcast, telecast, duplicate, distribute, and/or otherwise exploit your User Content, each as determined exclusively by us, in all forms of media and forms of exploitation, now known or hereafter created including but not limited to, Social Media Profiles, websites, film, television, radio, and/or print, each as determined exclusively by us. In order to further effect the rights and license that you grant to us regarding your User Content, you also hereby grant to us the unconditional, perpetual, irrevocable right to use and exploit your name, persona, image, photograph, and likeness that you provide in connection with any User Content, without any obligation or compensation to you. To the extent any ‘moral rights’, ‘ancillary rights’, or similar rights in or to the User Content exists and are not licensed to us hereby, you agree not to enforce any such rights and you shall procure the same agreement not to enforce from any others who may possess such rights. Without limiting the scope of the license granted to us by you hereunder or any future grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments, and waivers you may make with respect to User Content, and to the extent allowed by applicable law, you hereby ratify any prior grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers made by you with respect to your User Content. You further acknowledge and agree that no compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your User Content or any of the rights granted to us in these Terms. You agree that the license granted by you in this Section 7(c)(ii) shall be binding upon you, your heirs, legal representatives, assigns, transferees and successors in interest and shall survive any termination of these Terms, of your Account, and/or your license to use and access the Services. You agree that any User Content you Transmit is not being disclosed in confidence or trust and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created between you and us in any way. For clarity, and without altering the forgoing, generally, while you retain the copyrights in your User Content, we can do anything we desire with your User Content just as if we owned the User Content and any copyrights therein.
(iii) Representations and Removal. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise possess all necessary rights with respect to your User Content, and that your User Content does not and will not infringe, misappropriate, use or disclose without authorization or otherwise violate rights of any third party, including but not limited to intellectual property rights and/or trade secret rights. You agree that we may but are not obligated to: filter any Content on the Website (e.g. a Comment or otherwise) in any manner we determine, including but not limited to, by deleting or replacing expletives or other harmful or offensive language; refusing to display any Content; removing Content from the Services for any reason or no reason, as determined by us; and/or disclosing any Content and the circumstances surrounding the use thereof, to any third party for any reason or no reason, as determined by us. We are not responsible for, and will have no liability for, the removal or non-removal of any Content from the Services. You agree and understand that you may be held legally responsible for damages suffered by other Users or third parties as the result of your remarks, information, feedback or other Content Transmitted on the Services that is deemed defamatory or otherwise legally actionable. Under the Federal Communications Decency Act of 1996, Direct Interview is not legally responsible, nor can it be held liable for damages of any kind, arising out of or in connection to any defamatory or otherwise legally actionable remarks, information, feedback or other Content made available on the Services.
(d) Transmitted by Users or Others. We do not endorse and are not responsible for (i) the Content provided by other Users, (ii) the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement, or Content made through the Services, (iii) any Content provided on Linked Sites, or (iv) the capabilities or reliability of any products or services obtained from a Linked Site. There are risks involved with relying on information on the Services, and you expressly assume those risks when using the Services. Under no circumstance will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Content, products, other information, or services obtained through the Website or a Linked Site. Further, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend us from any liability and/or damages relating to any Content Transmitted by you or by a third person using your Account.
(a) Generally. In connection with any Subscription, each User agrees to pay us the amounts displayed on the Website (or in an applicable purchase order, as the case may be). The policies and prices that are disclosed to you when you enter into a transaction using the Services are hereby incarnated herein as part of these Terms. Further, you authorize us and our payment processor (“Payment Processor”) to charge your chosen Payment Method in connection with all fees, costs, and other amounts incurred by you in connection with your use of the Services (e.g. Subscriptions). In connection with any fees, costs, and other amounts to be paid by you, you agree: (i) to only provide valid and current payment information; (ii) that we may use the tools, software or services of the payment processor selected by us to process fees, costs, and other amounts as well as transactions on our behalf; (iii) to promptly pay all amounts which are due and payable to us upon demand, and (iv) to be bound by the applicable agreements and policies of our Payment Processor.
(b) Refund Policy. We do not offer refunds or of any amounts paid by you in connection with the Services (e.g. Subscription fees, Question fees et cetera). You agree we will not provide you with a pro rata refund in the event that your Subscription is terminated prior to the end of the applicable Subscription period. YOU AGREE ALL PURCHASES ARE FINAL AND NON-REFUNDABLE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PROVIDE A REFUND FOR ANY REASON, AND THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MONEY OR OTHER COMPENSATION FOR UNUSED PORTIONS OF A SUBSCRIPTION WHEN AN ACCOUNT IS CLOSED OR YOUR SUBSCRIPTION IS TERMINATED FOR ANY REASON.
9. Intellectual Property.
(a) Trademarks. DIRECT INTERVIEW and all other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, service names and other Content that we use, manage or control are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of ours or our subsidiaries, officers, employees, independent contractors, suppliers, representatives, licensors, licensees, successors, assigns, agents, partners, or other affiliate (collectively “Affiliates”) in the United States or other countries or both. No one may use these trademarks or trade dress in connection with any product or service that is not our product or service without our express written permission. All other trademarks that appear on the Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by us or any of our Affiliates.
(b) Copyright. Except in the case of Content under license to us, we claim a copyright, and all copyright protection afforded, under international, United States and the State of Maryland laws to all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software (ours or our software suppliers), and all other Content on the Services. The compilation of all Content on the Services is our exclusive property, and it is similarly protected. We also claim a copyright, and all copyright protection afforded, under international, United States and the laws of the State of Maryland to all material described in the trademarks section above. Your access to all information and Content located on the Services is strictly permitted through the license granted to you under these Terms. Except for the license granted to you in Section 2 of these Terms and for the licenses granted to us in these Terms, all rights, title and interest in Content, in all languages, formats and media throughout the world, including all copyrights, are and will continue to be the exclusive property of ours and other parties. Except as permitted by these Terms, you are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works, or otherwise exploiting any Content available on or through the Services without our prior written permission, or in the case of Content owned by a third party, without first receiving permission from the owner of that Content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the Content.
(c) Reservation. Except as set forth in these terms (e.g. with respect to User Content), we own all aspects of the Services and shall retain all patent, copyright, trademark, trade dress, trade name, moral rights, trade secret and other intellectual property rights in and to in all portions of the Services, all object code and source code relating to the Services, all the features of the Services, all elements of the look-and- feel of the Services, all design features involving the presentation of Content, and all modifications, revisions, updates, releases, refinements, improvements, and enhancements related to any of the forgoing. Except as set forth in these Terms, no User acquires any rights of ownership or title in or to any portion of the Services. We and our licensors retain all rights, title, and interest in and to the Services not expressly granted to Users hereunder. Each User agrees not to take any action inconsistent with such title and ownership.
(d) Infringement Claims. We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that Users do the same. In connection with the Services, we have adopted and implemented a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) policy respecting intellectual property that provides for the removal of any infringing or unauthorized materials and for the termination of a User’s ability to use our Services, in appropriate circumstances, if we determine that User is infringing on the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that a User is, through the use of the Services, unlawfully infringing by submitting unauthorized Content, and wish to have the allegedly infringing or unauthorized material removed, the following information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512) must be provided to us: your physical or electronic signature; identification of the works or rights that you claim to have been infringed; identification of the Content on the Services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove; sufficient information to permit us to locate such Content; your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable Content is not authorized by the copyright or other rights owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright or other right that has allegedly been infringed or violated or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other rights owner. Note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512, any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement.
10. Use Restrictions. You may not use or plan, encourage or help others to use the Services for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms or by applicable law. In using the Services, you agree at all times that you shall not: (a) infringe on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Direct Interview, a User, or a third party (b) copy, distribute, or modify any part of the Services without our prior written authorization; (c) Transmit inappropriate, inaccurate, false, misleading, or objectionable Content to the Services, as determined by us; (d) Transmit any information in violation of applicable laws, rules, or ordnances (including, but not limited to employment laws); (e) Transmit any Content which contains software viruses, or other harmful computer code, files or programs; (f) Transmit Content that falsely states, impersonates or otherwise misrepresents your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or misrepresenting your current or previous positions and qualifications, or your affiliations with a person or entity, past or present; (g) make threats or use profanity; (h) harass, stalk or intimidate other Users; (i) manipulate or exclude identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content; (j) disrupt the networks connected to the Services, including but not limited to by: attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Services, attempting to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or attempting to interfere with the Services or a User, by means such as overloading, ‘flooding’, ‘mailbombing’ or ‘crashing.’; (k) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or that enforce limitations on use of the Services; (l) collect Content, personally identifying information, and/or other information from the Services, or otherwise access the Services, by using any automated means, including but not limited to, ‘robots’, ‘spiders’, ‘scrapers’ and ‘offline readers’, without our prior written approval which we may withhold in our discretion; (m) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on, sub-license, sell, or distribute the Services; (n) rent or lease any rights in the Services in any form to any third party or make the Services available or accessible to third parties; (o) use any communications systems provided by the Services to send unsolicited or unauthorized commercial communications, including but not limited to by email, SMS, MMS, or any other means; (p) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices displayed on the Services; (q) mislead or attempt to mislead or defraud or attempt to defraud or conceal any information relating to Content or other information that you provide to us; (r) link, deep link, ‘frame’ or ‘mirror’ any part of the Services without our prior consent; or s use the Services to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches these Terms or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
11. Termination, Restriction, and Suspension.
(a) Termination By You. Users may cancel their Account and/or Subscription at any time for any reason or no reason by using the Account dashboard. Upon cancellation of your Account, access to certain features of the Services may be restricted. Termination of your Account will be effective within a reasonable time after we receive notification of your desire to cancel, as determined by us.
(a) THE WEBSITE, CONTENT, AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ AND ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL INJURY OR DEATH AS WELL AS DAMAGES TO PERSONAL PROPERTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, AND/OR THE SERVICES, DIRECT INTERVIEW EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. DIRECT INTERVIEW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE AND/OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS, EXPECTATIONS, BE TO YOUR SATISFACTION, OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, BUG- FREE, OR MALWARE-FREE BASIS. DIRECT INTERVIEW MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM DIRECT INTERVIEW OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
13. Release and Waiver of Claims. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, AND DISCHARGE ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS (“CLAIMS”) AGAINST US AND OUR AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ACTUAL AND/OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS, (B) CONTENT, (C) YOUR USER CONTENT, (D) TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH RELATING TO INTERACTIONS WITH USERS AND/OR THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATED WITH AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES (IN CONNECTION WITH A JOB POSTING OR OTHERWISE), (E) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS OR INCOMPLETENESS OF A USER’S REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, (F) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS, OR INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT OBTAINED OR ACCESSED BY OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, (G) A JOB POSTING, AND/OR (H) QUESTIONS. FURTHER, IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ANY FACT RELATING TO ANY MATTER COVERED BY THESE TERMS MAY BE FOUND TO BE OTHER THAN NOW BELIEVED TO BE TRUE, AND ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISK OF SUCH POSSIBLE DIFFERENCES IN FACT. IN ADDITION, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ANY AND ALL RIGHTS WHICH YOU MAY HAVE HAD UNDER ANY OTHER STATE OR FEDERAL STATUTE OR COMMON LAW PRINCIPLE OF SIMILAR EFFECT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (A) THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS, (B) CONTENT, (C) YOUR USER CONTENT, (D) TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH RELATING TO INTERACTIONS WITH USERS AND/OR THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATED WITH AS A RESULT OF USING THE SERVICES (IN CONNECTION WITH A JOB POSTING OR OTHERWISE), (E) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS OR INCOMPLETENESS OF A USER’S REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, (F) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS, OR INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY AND ALL CONTENT OBTAINED OR ACCESSED BY OR THROUGH THE SERVICES, (G) A JOB POSTING, (H) QUESTIONS. AND/OR (I) OTHER ANY ASPECT OF OUR SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (BREACH OF CONTRACT, A BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCTS LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event shall our total liability to you for all damages exceed an amount equal to the greater of: (i) the sums paid by you to us in connection with the Services, or (ii) $125. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
15. Dispute Resolution.
(a) In the event that any dispute arises with respect to the Services, these Terms, or any of our Policies, upon our election in our sole discretion, such dispute shall be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes of the American Arbitration Association, in Montgomery County, Maryland. In the event we elect not to require that a be submitted to binding arbitration as described above, any such dispute shall nevertheless be litigated by you and us in the state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland, as the case may be. You shall be liable for and shall reimburse us for our expenses and fees, including attorneys’ fees, in the event any arbitration or litigation arises between us and you. By using the Services, you irrevocably agree and consent to be bound to personal jurisdiction of and venue selection in the state courts located in Montgomery County, Maryland or in the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland as the case may be, whether either arbitration or litigation arises between us and you. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
(b) YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS USER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE DECISION-MAKER MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE DECISION-MAKER MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS. ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER USERS.
(c) You agree that irreparable harm to us would occur in the event that any of the provisions of these Terms were not performed fully by you or were otherwise breached by you, and that money damages are an inadequate remedy for breach of the Terms because of the difficulty of ascertaining and quantifying the amount of damage that will be suffered by us in the event that these Terms are not performed in accordance with its provisions or is otherwise breached. It is accordingly hereby acknowledged that, notwithstanding any provision of this Section 15, we shall be entitled to petition the courts mentioned in Section 15(a) for an injunction or injunctions to restrain, enjoin and prevent a failure to perform these Terms by you, without positing bond or other security, and to enforce specifically such provisions of these Terms.
(d) Dispute Resolution Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision relating to our ability to submit any above-mentioned dispute to arbitration or to the above class action wavier according to this Section 15, the parties agree to litigate any such dispute according to Section 15(a) above and to replace any other such terms or provisions of Section 15(a) or Section 15(b) with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Section 15 shall be enforceable as so modified. In the event of any such severing, the remainder of these Terms will continue to apply.
17. Survival. All provisions of these Terms which must or which in accordance with their terms are intended to and/or must survive the earlier termination or expiration of these Terms, your Account, your Subscription, and/or any license to access or use any portion of the Services granted by these Terms shall survive the earlier termination or expiration thereof.
18. Contacting You. By using the Services, you agree that we and our Affiliates may provide you with any notices or other communications about the Services electronically: (a) via email (in each case to the address that you provide), SMS message, or telephone call (in each case to the phone number that you provide), or (b) by posting to the Website. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is Transmitted. We will use best efforts to honor a User’s request to opt out of promotional messages, but under no circumstances will we be liable for Transmitting any Content to Users.
19. Severability; No Waiver; Assignment. The representations and warranties and/or covenants set forth herein are each to be construed as a separate agreement, independent of any other provisions of these Terms. Further, the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, word, phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of these Terms shall in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, word, phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of these Terms, and any such invalid or unenforceable provision that is overbroad shall be deemed narrowed to the broadest term permitted by applicable law and shall be enforced as narrowed. If one or more of the provisions in these Terms is deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. Our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us as determined by us.
20. Our Relationship with You. With respect to you, we are an independent contractor only. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed or is intended to be deemed, nor shall it cause, you and Direct Interview to be treated as partners, joint ventures, or otherwise as joint associates for profit, or either you or us to be treated as the agent of the other.
21. Third Parties. From time to time, we may engage third parties or Affiliates to assist us in providing certain aspects of the Services, including but not limited to marketing functions. You agree that we may engage such third parties in providing Services to you, as determined by us.
22. Entire Agreement; Modification. These Terms together with our Polices any other document referenced herein, constitutes the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. You agree that we may amend, modify, or alter these Terms and/or our Polices at any time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about changes to these Terms by placing the updated Terms on the Website. You agree that your use of the Services after such notification will constitute acceptance by you of such changes to the Terms.
23. Construction. Headings in these Terms are for convenience only, and shall not govern the meaning or interpretation of any provision of these Terms. Whenever the context requires, all words, including but not limited to defined capitalized terms, will include the masculine, feminine, and neuter, and each word will include the singular form, plural form, and other conjugations of that word. The word “or” connotes any combination of all or any of the items listed (e.g. in the same manner as “and/or”). The word “including” and its syntactic variants mean “includes, but is not limited to” and corresponding syntactic variant expressions.
25. Compliance. You represent and warrant that you shall comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding use of the Services. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of alleged unlawful activity of which we are made aware of regarding the use of our Services and may contact law enforcement if we are made aware of any use of our Services which potentially violates any applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, or regulations. The Services are designed and targeted to Users who reside in the United States. We make no representation that the Services are operated in accordance with the laws or regulations of, or governed by, other nations. By accessing the Services you certify that you meet the age and other eligibility requirements for use of the Services. Those who access or use the Services do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with applicable law.
27. Feedback. We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments or a complaint about these Terms, you may send a written notice to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.